K is for Kids in the Kitchen
I really enjoy cooking but I’ve come to enjoy it even more now that my son comes to help me in the Kitchen. He loves to help me measure things for mixing up doughs or desserts. He also loves washing the veggies and then putting them into a bowl after I cut them up. Reece is my big helper in the kitchen. Do you have a kid that loves to help you in the kitchen?
Here are a few tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way…
1. Don’t worry too much about the mess – Reece always gets flour all over or when he is washing veggies for me he gets water everywhere it’s just part of having a kid help you…
2. Prepare all your ingredients before hand – I try and at least have everything we will need set out so that I don’t have to leave Reece with the huge temptation to play in the mixed items or measure anything extra into the bowl 🙂
3. Let them be kids (Reece is never in it to get it done and move on to the next thing but rather to enjoy what he is doing then and there)
4. Teach them along the way (counting how many scoops they just put in and how many ingredients you used)
5. Let them taste the finished product (Reece always loves to eat whatever he has made)
Do you have any other tips on kids helping in the kitchen?